Stay in contact
Département de Biologie Cellulaire (BICEL)
Université de Genève
How to find us
- by taxi to 4, boulevard d'Yvoy. Taxi fare from the airport will be ~40 CHF (~ 42 USD).
- by public transportation: take the train to Geneva main station and then (i) tram #14 towards "P+R Bernex". Get off at "Jonction" (9 minutes); or (ii) go to the other side of the church (the side you are facing is east, so go to the westside), and cross the street (it's big and busy). There is a bus stop for the #19. Take it to Sainte-Clotilde (see map) (get a free ticket for the whole trip from the machine in the baggage claim area). Walk to boulevard d'Yvoy (check the map).
From train station
- by train station we mean the main train station in town, not the one at the airport.
- by taxi as above, but this time it will cost ~20 CHF or less.
- by public transportation: see above (coming from the airport) except that you have to buy a ticket before you board the tram or bus.
- On the freeway, as you approach the city, continue on to the exit "Genève-Praille" (it's past the airport and the city if you are coming from the north/east).
- Once the freeway ends, continue straight to the second set of traffic lights, make a right and continue straight to the open parking lot that will be on your left (see map).
- Walk over the bridge that crosses the river Arve and turn left straight to the University (about another 5 min of walking).
- There is also an open parking lot right next to the lab (access from Blvd d'Yvoy, next to Physics building), but it fills up more and may be more expensive.